Saturday Oct 25, 2014
We have been packing, cleaning, organizing and getting ready to head south for the winter. Although this rig is quite a bit bigger than the last one, we plan on taking less "stuff". We took way too much with us last year.
Finally got the docks out yesterday. We were not sure if they would come before we left. I think everything is in order now. We will have our mail forwarded to an address in South Dakota since we don't have any plans to be in one place for the winter.
We have lucked out again this year with the weather. It has been above average temps, so although the RV is winterized, I don't think it needed to be done this year. But.... we still have to get far enough south before we can be certain.. and we do tend to go slow...
Our first destination is Palm Springs Ca for Thanksgiving to meet up with friends. We might not take the RV all the way there, so we have hotel reservations for the weekend. We will fly back here in mid Feb for two weeks. Birding fest at Sax-Zim bog in Northern Mn and Eric is signed up to ski the Birkie in Hayward Wi. We plan on being home sometime in April. Not sure if we will be parking for any length of time or just moving along the highway....
I am a bit nervous about not having a plan... but once we get going I suspect it will all fall into place.
No comments:
Post a Comment