We do have new babies! Sandhill Cranes! We have been only seeing one of the cranes at a time for a few weeks now. We assumed the other was sitting on a nest, and we were right! hope these little ones grow up and come back to visit us.
Update on Cranes, we have been only seeing one baby for a few days. We did see one baby deer while on our walk, we assume our deer had theirs too but have not brought them out in the open yet.
we also have had a rare visitor to our area. An Orchard Oriole
we have a lot of Baltimore Orioles
and a Red-Headed Woodpecker
We were able to take the pontoon out for a few hours, I caught the first fish of the season! A Rock Bass.
One of our favorites is smoked Baby Backed Ribs... they were delicious as was the corn on the cob.
We made a stop at LCO Casino in Hayward on the 30th. We usually stay about 15 minutes and donate about $15 but I hit a jackpot! My first ever Royal Flush. I was playing 5 nickels and won $200! Usually Eric and I don't sit together but we were, so he got in on the excitement!
May bird count: we are stuck at 570 for our life birds. We increased our year birds to 270 adding 37 birds to our 2017 list. The month of May came in at 156!
Good win!
ReplyDelete