Jan 1, 2016: Lazy day to begin the year. A bit of walking and talking and of course laundry. Weather was very warm and humid.
Sat Jan 2: We began our year working! We are on the 4 days on then 4 days off rotation. Its only been about 3 weeks but so far we are liking the routine. Chicken on the grill... For the past 3 weeks, someone in the campground has been grilling chicken. It smells sooo good that we had to grill some too. The chicken was very large, included the back, neck and livers! We have not bought a chicken with everything in a very very long time.
it turned out pretty good, might have to try it again..
Sun Jan 3: It was kind of cool out this morning, I had to put jeans and wear a jacket for our morning walk.. it was pretty cloudy and humid until about 3pm when the rains began. finally the cool front came into town. Lows tonight in the upper 50's.
Mon Jan 4: another cool morning. after a trash pick up walk we headed into Miami to do a bit of shopping. Just like home it takes all day to drive there and back, only this is a bit further to drive. By the time we got back the sun was out and it was warmer (70 deg). Went to the volunteer fire pit for hot dog dinner...
Peg and Darroll are from Maine, thus the bright red (pink) dogs! they were yummy as was the potato salad that Ruth brought.
a visitor for dinner:
a very huge moth, not sure what kind but he hung around all day. The sunset reflection in the window does not do the beauty of the actual sunset any justice. I should have taken a picture..
Tues Jan 5: another cool morning! its nice to have the dew point in the 40's with temps in the 50's for our morning walk.
When I ordered my signal booster I received a 3G instead of 4G. Since it was over the holidays I used the 3G, although very slow it at least worked and I was able to get online from the comfort of my chair. Yesterday afternoon I called the seller but got a voice mail. I don't like voice mails so I then sent an email to Amazon (where I purchased the unit). Within 20 minutes I had received a phone call from the seller (that I missed) and 4 emails. The Seller had sent the correct unit "next day". In less than 24 hours I received my 4G unit! It is up and working!!! Such great customer service from both the seller and Amazon.
Wed and Thurs: We got invited to a 2 day training session about the preserve. Lucky for us the training fell on our days off! The training is mandatory for the vendors that work in the Preserve (air boat operators etc). It is to let them understand about the preserve, history etc and so that everyone tells the same story. It was worth the two extra days, we learned a lot and met some new people!!! And we seen our first Manatees!!
Do not think we will participate in this challenge:

No comments:
Post a Comment