Monday, February 9, 2015

we are home!

Winter Vacation to Birchwood Wi.  Our flight on Friday was pretty uneventful, (that is a good thing).  Spent the night at the Embassy Suites near the airport.

Saturday Feb 7: we picked up our rental car at 9:00am.  Of course we had to make a few stops for shopping and lunch before getting home at about 2:30.  Took about an hour to unpack and set the house up, water, clocks, bird feeders etc...




Steve Goodwin (Eric's friend) showed up at about 5:00 pm.  Campfire and pizza and lots of talking..  Lori Goodwin sent 4 kinds of homemade cookies!  all were soooo good.  Peanut butter, chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin and a peppermint!



Sunday:  The guys went skiing, I spent the day at home having a "Spa" day...  of course the guys had to take a sauna to warm up!  Temp about 25 and overcast all day...



went to Pine Ridge for Chicken and Walleye



Ohhh sooo good!  Eric did pretty good skiing on snow instead of the asphalt.  Did not get too worn out although they only skied for about 90 minutes..  still pretty good..

Monday Feb 9: Went for a morning walk, all dressed up!


it was about 15 deg when we left for our walk..  my I phone got so cold it stopped working!  had to take it in and warm it up!  Next time I will need to carry it in my inner pocket.

Eric went skiing on the Birkie trail while I met up with Rose Williamson for a bit of gambling and lunch.  Great day for both of us.  Eric did about 2 hours on the trail, I did not lose any money, Rose won 15 cents!

We don't have TV so stopped at Walmart to pick up a few movies...  at $5 a piece they are probably not very good but will keep us entertained for a day or so.

2 comments:

  1. The food photo from Pine Ridge is making me hungry, I wish it was closer!

    ReplyDelete