Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Western Tennessee, Lexington

Sunday Nov 8 2015:  Our drive today was about 150 miles but all back roads to Lexington Tn.  We passed thru Kentucky without incident.  The weather is still a bit cool but good for hiking.  We are at


Really nice shower house and Laundry room.  We did a bit of hiking, although not a lot of trails and no maps...  Managed to do a bit of laundry too...


Mon Nov 9:  After a nice morning hike we headed into town to visit with niece Melissa and her family.


Missy, her daughter Zuella and her son Reno



I did not get pictures of the two other girls but got one of Missy's youngest son,,Memphis


We seen them 5 years ago when we were heading for our first volunteer job in South Carolina.  They sure get big while we are away...

Tues Nov 10:  Foggy morning made it a good time to do a bit more laundry.  I jammed the washing machine coin mechanism.  so.... had to go to the other area, not a big deal but I did report the broken machine.  He said they would fix it right away if I wanted to wait.  Of course I did not want to wait.  Good thing, after we went hiking for the day, I thought I would do one more load and guess what?  the machine was still jammed..  good thing I did not wait.  

We did a bit of birding and walking at



Then headed to Mousetail Landing State Park..


great hiking trails, we spend the whole afternoon hiking this park.  We found a camp shelter..



not for me but interesting building.  It has a wood burning stove to ward off the cold nights.  And  it has a very nice view of the river.

Tomorrow we head to Nashville for 5 days..  not sure how much hiking and birding we will do but looking forward to seeing Nashville.

No comments:

Post a Comment