Wednesday, November 19, 2014

El Paso to Palm Springs

Monday November 17, 2014

We stayed in El Paso for a few extra so that Eric could see a Doctor today.  Of course we were walk ins so it took most of the day.  Texas Roadhouse for a steak dinner then back to camp to relax.

Tuesday Nov 18:  woke up to temps was 25...  I drove the 250+ miles to Benson Arizona.  No wind, not too much traffic beautiful scenery.


I do have my flannel lined jeans on, two shirts, flannel lined jean jacket and gloves.  It was a bit cold when we took off,  by the end of the 250 mile trip I had taken off my jacket and gloves.





we really love the big boulders


and crossing the Continental Divide, much lower elevation than on Interstate 40.  Our park here is right off of I10, $33 cash only, cable, very level lot, nice shower house.

Wednesday Nov 19: This mornings temp was 30, getting warmer!  Headed to Buckeye Az via Gila Bend to avoid going through Phoenix.  It added and extra 10 miles but the traffic was probably much less. good road, not too much traffic.  we landed at Leaf Verde RV Resort.  level, huge laundry, nice shower house, $34.   Finally started to see the Saguaro cactus on our route to Buckeye.


Eric has been wanting sautéed chicken livers (its on his recommended diet) and of course could not find a restaurant that has it on the menu so...  I cooked up a batch for him.  I had baked chicken wings from Fry's grocery store.


Thinking that the flannel lined jeans and jacket will be put away for awhile..  only 45 for the low tonight.

Well this has been one heck of a trip.  We have been lucky in that every one of our campsites have been pull throughs!  Our next one will be a back in..  but we plan on staying there for 6 weeks.

Tomorrow (Thurs) we head to Cathedral City CA, staying at the same place as last year, Outdoor Resort Palm Springs, lot 729, not the same lot, its right across from the pool....




  looking forward to our stay (although we do not like repeats this one will be OK) until Jan 1st.  then see how Eric is feeling and move on or stay longer....

sunset over Buckeye


2 comments:

  1. Driving in the cold weather AND cooking chicken livers...Kathy you're a saint and doing a good job of taking care of Eric. did you touch the livers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rose, I did not touch the livers! did not eat them either. I think we have finally broke away from the cold weather.

    ReplyDelete